Sunday, 4 September 2016

August in Review

Honestly, August mostly sucked. I'm not really sure why--I just feel like it did. There were some high points: I went to Newcastle for a couple of days with my friend Debbie and had an amazing time with glorious weather and it was so nice, but other than that, August hasn't been so great. There's some stressful stuff going on at work, I had a tooth out, I had to cancel lots of social plans and, right at the end of August, my hip partially dislocated leading me to spend the first 2 days of September bed-bound. Funfunfun. 



Books Read in August
Potion Diaries: The Royal Tour - Amy Alward
The Little Bookshop of Lonely Hearts - Annie Darling
Just Haven't Met You Yet - Cate Woods
Geek Girl 4.5: Sunny Side Up - Holly Smale
Geek Girl - Holly Smale (reread)
Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning (reread)
Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning (reread)
Faefever - Karen Marie Moning (reread)
Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning (reread)
Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning (reread)

Favourite Book of August
Potion Diaries - The Royal Tour

So I read LOADS in August! Way more than any other month so far this year. Unfortunately loads were rereads and I still cannot remember how to make them count again on Goodreads so they can't strictly go towards my goal for the year. I LOVED Royal Tour, which I knew I would after loving the first one last year. I also really enjoyed The Little Bookshop which is really funny and features a 'hate'-to-love relationship; my favourite kind! I was really in the mood to reread Geek Girl after reading the summer special, and then I was in a reread phase so I reread one of my fave guilty pleasure Urban Fantasy series; the Fever series. It's dark and sexy and totally addictive. 

---

Films Seen at the Cinema in August
Suicide Squad
Nerve
The Shallows
Finding Dory

Lets just not talk about Suicide Squad okay?
My bf and I saw Nerve and The Shallows in the same day and it was the perfect double feature actually. Both about 90mins long, both thrillers, but one commercial, kinda pop-y and the other a bit more indie, tense and art-y. I really, really enjoyed them both though and thought Blake Lively's performance in The Shallows was exceptional. I also really liked Finding Dory!

---

Catch Up On This Month's Blog Posts

Again, not much of a blogging month in August, as I wasn't feeling great!
I shared my Chronic Illness Positives as well as the latest of my Etsy Addiction posts. I also talked about the struggles of healthy eating when chronically ill, and shared my top films to watch when you aren't feeling great!

---

Next week I'm going down to London to celebrate the launch of my friend Laure Eve's book The Graces (it's amazing, go buy it) and then spending the weekend at a family event. I'm also going to the ballet for the first time in ages to see Giselle. I'm super, super looking forward to the release of Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo, the sequel to Six of Crows which was one of my favourite books last year. I'm excited to see The Magnificent 7 and will almost definitely end up seeing Bridget Jones' Baby! Plus we have Poldark and Strictly Come Dancing are back on TV - very exciting.

This last 4 months are my favourite of the year, so I'm really hoping things pick up!

1 comment:

  1. I read more in August than any other month too!

    To make rereads count on Goodreads you just need to pick a different edition. So if you read a hardcover the first time, just mark the paperback as currently reading then read to make it into your goal. :)

    Miss seeing you in London :(

    ReplyDelete