Monday, 26 September 2016

REVIEW: HoneyColony Equilibrium Energy

 Today I'm bringing you my first ever review on this blog - of HoneyColony's Equilibrium Energy: a new superfood formula. I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company. 

Equilibrium energy is comprised of 12 different superfoods, including ginger, blue algae and bee pollen with the main ingredient and the base of the formula being raw honey. The Energy supplement was really designed for anyone who leads an active lifestyle and while that definitely doesn't describe me, the benefits it's designed to bring (naturally stimulating the nervous system, enhancing brain function, supporting muscle relief, and providing anti-inflammation support) would really help me as a chronically ill person. So I was pretty intrigued by it. 


I've actually never really tried a superfood supplement before--I've barely even had standard supplements. I guess I'm just a little sceptical. But I cast my scepticism aside to give this a try. My first thought was how expensive the product looked. The jar is dark brown and is apparently Biophotonic meaning only sunlight is let in to improve the formula. My next thoughts were about the texture and taste of the product itself, neither of which are particularly desirable. There's a tar-like texture that's also quite gritty, and the taste is really hard to describe, but it's not especially pleasant. I did find myself not looking forward to taking it, especially as I often feel quite sick in the mornings. You could put it into a hot drink or smoothie, but I don't drink either first thing. That being said, it didn't make me gag or anything, and I did get used to it after a few days!

So did it help? I wouldn't say taking Equilibrium Energy gave me MORE energy, it was more like it made me less tired? I didn't necessarily feel like I could do more, but what I did do made me less tired than usual, and I found myself needing less naps. Mentally I definitely felt a little clearer, less fatigued. I was pleasantly surprised to see some results from taking the supplement, though I did feel like I would have been better able to assess the effects if I were able to take it for longer. 

Would I buy it for myself? Probably not. It was nice not to feel as tired for a couple of weeks, but the high-quality and small-batch nature of the product means it is quite expensive. Couple that with shipping and customs fees to/in the UK means it's just out of my price range really. However if I did live in the US, I might consider it, especially for a little boost during busy times. HoneyColony actually offer an auto-ship deal, which is both an excellent idea for those of us who are forgetful and it comes with a decent discount, too.

On the whole, I was pleased to see some results from taking Equilibrium Energy and while taking it long-term is not an option for me, I'd certainly say it's worth giving it a try if you have the financial ability to/aren't inhibited by shipping and customs fees like I am!

Find out more about HoneyColony's Equilibrium Energy here 

15 comments:

  1. https://the-masters.org

    https://2017masters.co/

    https://mastersgolf.co/

    https://2017masters.org/

    https://themasters2017.info/

    ReplyDelete