Saturday 9 January 2016

2015 in Review


2016, for me, has to be a year of not looking back. Because back means missing my friends and work colleagues and my life in London.

But there were some bits, most bits, of 2015 that were truly excellent.  And so, as we near the end of the first full week of 2016, the week most people went back to work, I want to reflect on, in particular, some of the excellent media I consumed last year.

Books have always been a huge part of my life and in 2015 I read 90 of them.

Here are my favourites:

The Accident Season - Moira Fowley-Doyle
Six of Crows - Leigh Bardugo
Wolf by Wolf - Ryan Graudin
The Art of Being Normal - Lisa Williamson
This Raging Light - Estelle Laure
The Sky is Everywhere/I'll Give You The Sun - Jandy Nelson
The Potion Diaries - Amy Alward
Only Ever Yours - Louise O'Neill
First Class Murder - Robin Stevens
Demon Road - Derek Landy

TV is something I spend a lot of my life watching, especially so when I'm not feeling great. In 2015 I discovered and became obsessed with:
How to Get Away With Murder // Scandal // Supergirl // Agent Carter // Jessica Jones // Daredevil

2015 was the year I re-committed to cinema. I went 40 times. I went to see films I wouldn't necessarily see, films that weren't the latest in big franchises. I bought myself & my boyfriend Unlimited cards. My favourite cinema releases of 2015 were:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens // The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part Two // Mad Max: Fury Road // The Martian // Carol // The Theory of Everything


What books, TV shows, films, were your favourites of 2015?

1 comment: