Saturday 5 March 2016

#6Degrees - Fangirl


I'm super excited to be introducing my first #6Degrees post! Last month I guest-posted my chain on Teens On Moon Lane, check it out here.

If you're not familiar with the #6Degrees meme, here's how it works:
On the first Saturday of every month, YA Yeah Yeah (moving from Teens on Moon Lane) will post a chain of 6 books, with each successive pair linked together by a different connection. We can then do our own chains (starting from the same book) at any point during the month either on our own blog, leaving YA Yeah Yeah a link, or in the comments section of their post. Every week on YA Yeah Yeah there'll also be a guest-posted chain from a different author or blogger - so be sure to check those out too!

This month's book is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - here's YA Yeah Yeah's chain

I loved Fangirl from the first moment I started reading it. In fact I read it twice in one weekend and I can't tell you how many times I've read it since. It's now one of my go-to comfort rereads, as is Anna and the French Kiss

I loved the Parisian setting of Anna and the French Kiss - how magnificently it is brought to life and how well I could picture it, same with the setting of The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward.

The Potion Diaries is a fantastic mix of modern and fairytale, with the two blending seamlessly to create a fully actualised and intriguing world, just like in The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.

The Lunar Chronicles is a series I thought I wouldn't be that interested in because I'm not normally a fairytale retellings person, but I loved Cinder after finally caving and reading it because of all the love it gets and it was the same with Geek Girl by Holly Smale.

I wasn't sure Geek Girl was my 'thing' but I ended up absolutely adoring it and laughing out loud so many times. One of my favourite bits was the family interactions which is a huge reason why I love Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson. 



Have you read any of the books in my chain?



0 comments:

Post a Comment