Sunday 3 April 2016

March in Review

March has been a mixed month. I've really been enjoying going to work, but it has left me tired and that has affected my social life and my exercise regime significantly. I had a really great weekend holed up at my boyfriend's house eating junk food and binge-watching season two of Daredevil which was much needed. 

Books Read in March:

The IT Girl - Katy Birchall
Lady Midnight - Cassandra Clare
Kindred Spirits - Rainbow Rowell
Jolly Foul Play - Robin Stevens
Tell The Wind and Fire - Sarah Rees Brennan

Favourite Book of March: Tell the Wind and Fire 

I'm really pleased with my reading in March, I wanted to read 5 books and I did it, helped by books from four of my favourite authors! I'm hoping I can surpass this and read 6 in April.

---

Books Acquired in March:

Lady Midnight - Cassandra Clare
Kindred Spirits - Rainbow Rowell
Jolly Foul Play - Robin Stevens
Rebel, Bully, Geek, Pariah - Erin Lange


A small book month, but I did get 3 books by 3 of my favourite authors and have already read them, which is good. I've never read an Erin Lange but this has been compared to The Breakfast Club so of course I had to buy it. 

---

Films Seen at the Cinema in March:

Hail, Caesar!
Deadpool (again)
Batman vs Superman

A much smaller film month, reflecting the fact that I've been so tired in March. I really enjoyed Hail, Caesar! which was a pleasant surprise as the Coen Brothers and I don't usually get along. I thought B vs S was better than the reviews have painted it, but still not great. Best thing about it was Wonderwoman and I think it would have been a better strategy to lead with this film, create the tension between Batman and Superman in it, then follow with their film. I was happy to see Deadpool again as I loved it first time around. 

---

Catch Up on This Month's Blog Posts 

In March I posted a Thank You to my Mum ahead of Mother's Day, followed up by my 6 Degrees post for Fangirl, which is a meme run by my friend Jim. I blogged about the frustration of mental fatigue, as well as sharing the first of my Etsy Addiction posts. I blogged about my probably unscientific and unorthodox ways of managing insomnia, shared my thoughts on the Marvel vs DC TV universes for the release of Daredevil, and blogged about being back in employment for a month. 

---

It's nice that the evenings have been getting lighter now the clocks have gone forward, I'm hoping the weather will improve a bit in April! My most anticipated book of the year, The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater finally releases this month after several delays and I can't wait to read it. I'm also really looking forward to Captain America: Civil War right at the end of the month; I've booked midnight showing tickets! I have a good friend coming to visit for the day, followed by a weekend away at the home of some family friends. I'm hoping April will be a good month and that I'll get more used to being in work. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment